Monday, May 31, 2010

A Mute Requiem For Vanity

carve out the eyes of my heart
I should of left before it couldn't hear anything other than his name
& like ripping through tiny little stitches
a burning lilac breath
............& awareness fills my mind

behind stardust & whiskey
I imagine him & I under a moonless sky
in the foolish hope of a forever (kind of) love
dancing upon molten wings of fallen gods

...........like my love was strong enough to drown out the hollowed moans of our ghosts

but if this is love
I know now why the stars are bleeding
for my tired eyes ache
of deaf whispers from my lonely heart
I wish I was blind

behind sulfur rain
in a reflective haze, you'll find me going under
screaming paralytic
with nothing left..... .but the static ringing in my ears

No comments:

Post a Comment