Monday, April 26, 2010

Bring Me A Thousand Scarabs

I used to imagine him & I alone
under Egyptian tides
fingers tracing hope in waves of passion on my back

I gave him all of me

I am formless
molding in his hands
wordless
my gasps pleading "love me.."

Tonight I cried like the stars were bleeding
because the less he's around
the more I get used to it
& the more blackened their light becomes

The tourniquet I fashioned out of erasable ink promises for my soul
is now ripping at it's liar's seams

& the desert is left whispering of my heart

1 comment:

  1. There is water, plants and animals in the desert. And don't forget the most important thing hon, if there is a way into the desert, than there is also a way out....the landscape is different but you *can* & *will* survive until you find your oasis :)

    ReplyDelete